Help with a Federal Agency

Senator Smith’s office can help you work through an issue you may have with a federal agency, such as the Social Security Administration, Medicare, the Department of Veterans Affairs, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, or the Post Office. Acting as a liaison between you and the federal government, Sen. Smith and her staff can often help you answer questions, find resources, or resolve problems. While they cannot ask an agency to circumvent its rules, force it to decide a question in your favor, or change a decision that is already final, Sen. Smith and her office can make inquiries about the status of your situation and review the steps taken thus far to ensure your case is being handled properly.

Please use the following form to contact Sen. Smith’s office if you need assistance with a Federal Agency. Due to provisions of the 1974 Privacy Act, Sen. Smith must have your written authorization before information may be disclosed from a government agency. Please also note that her office is not able to assist with state or local agencies, or with legal issues.

To simplify this process, please download a consent form below and return it via fax 651-221-1078. You can also open a case by calling the St. Paul office at 651-221-1016.